07.10.2014 | Top-Thema Interview mit Yvonne Genovese
Marketer können die Offline-Welt nicht einfach ausschalten
- Marketer können die Offline-Welt nicht einfach ausschalten
- "Nicht Kunden finden sondern von Kunden gefunden werden"
Digitalisierung heißt nicht nur Digitales Marketing. Es geht vielmehr darum zu verstehen, wie Interessenten und Kunden ihre Kaufentscheidungen treffen. Und sie dann auf verschiedenen Wegen bestmöglich zu informieren.
Digitization is changing the rules of the marketing game. Which are the biggest challenges it poses to Marketers?
Marketers think of digitization as digital marketing. But the challenge isn’t just about digital marketing. It means understanding how your target (prospects and customers) make product and service buying decisions in both the digital and traditional world. In today’s market where the consumer or buyer is in control you need to meet them where they are and get them to interact with you, buy from you, gain their loyalty and turn them into advocates. Marketers also have the potential to create new digital products and services that meet the current or new market needs. And marketers can’t just turn off the offline world. They need to combine both traditional and digital marketing programs, disciplines, channels and technologies to attract, acquire, and retain customers. The challenges are many. There are new channels (and more emerging every day), there are new opportunities, there are new marketing methods/techniques (e.g. real time marketing), and there are new responsibilities (owning the commerce environment). And then there’s new data/analytics. And new providers. The biggest challenge is knowing what to do to attract, acquire and retain customers in an environment that is constantly changing.
Digital marketing means mainly interaction with very well informed customers. How does this change the communication between companies and the public?
It doesn’t necessarily mean mainly interaction with very well informed customers. Your prospects and customers will have varying degrees of »interaction« and will be at varying levels of being »well informed«. Through data, marketers can be more informed about who their customers and prospects are and how they respond or engage. This data is not static – it is dynamic. So marketers need to be in a constant state of analyzing and optimizing influence, buying, loyalty and advocacy cycles.
The media usage gets more and more fragmentated. Is mass communication getting to its end?
Fragmentation of media is happening because many marketers are not using the data they have to make informed decisions about how to engage with customers and prospects. If you know your target and you monitor their behavior, you actually can get closer than ever to making the right channel, media and engagement choices. We are not yet at »market of one« but we are getting closer.
Digital equals mobile, one could say. What impact does this have on marketing?
Digital does not always equal mobile. Mobile is just a device. Marketers need to make sure that their experience/ engagement tactics and strategies work in a mobile environment. Marketing channels can be applications, commerce sites, social etc. All of these need to work in a stationary environment and a mobile environment. Understanding how to manage investments and activities across multiple channels and multiple devices where your customers/prospects are »living« in order to attract, acquire and retain in a digital environment is a huge challenge.
Schlagworte zum Thema: Online-Marketing, Marketing, Mobile, Digitales Marketing, Big Data
- Sichtbarkeit im Web: Klassische Banken schlagen Fintechs
- Klassik, PR, Content Marketing - Werbewirkungsmessung in der Diskussion
- 9 wichtige E-Mail-Marketing-Trends für 2017
- Studie: Nicht alle Millennials ticken gleich
- 8 wichtige Video-Marketing-Trends für 2017
- 7 wichtige E-Commerce-Trends für 2017
- Eine Marke zu werden, bedingt einen kulturellen Wandel
- Social Media ist zu selten Chefsache
- Führungsstil: Diese Faktoren entscheiden über den Erfolg im digitalen Wandel
- Tipps fürs Marketing rund um Weihnachten
- Die Social-Media-Geschichte im Überblick
- Fünf wichtige Antworten zu Kundenbindungsmaßnahmen
- Gehalt: So viel verdienen Online-Profis wirklich
- Die besten Marketing-Zitate
- 5 wichtige Content-Marketing-Trends für 2017
- 6 Tipps für das Marketing rund um Weihnachten
- Die Digitalisierung des Marketing ist überlebenswichtig
- Das sind die 6 wichtigsten Social-Media-KPIs
- 33 Social-Media-Content-Ideen
- Sechs gute Brainstorming-Tools